29 June 2008

10 month old girl

Today Alexa is 10 months old. It's unbelievable, really. She is so much fun. So animated - especially in the mirror! She LOVES to stand - we let her hold on our hands or stand by placing her hands on the mirror. She even started sticking her tongue out and turning her head side to side. When standing she bends her knees and bounces - so excited! She isn't crawling. She moves around to get what she wants, though. Today she was looking at a little book with photos of family in it and she moved to where she was sitting on top of it. So she twisted until she was off of it enough to pull it out from under herself. So much is going on in her little head! Lexi is babbling a lot more, too. Just in the last week she has added some more sounds.

Today David played golf in the morning (he hasn't done that in a while) in a little tournament with people from work and then Lexi and I met him for lunch. In the late afternoon we headed to Old Town and visited historic Gadsby's Tavern Museum. It was an interesting little tour. They gave some information about life in the late 1700s as it pertained to taverns and inns. We stopped in to Restoration Hardware - just to gawk, really. Pretty things. They had some great toys in their little gift section and Lexi thought it was a good place to test gravity with Turtle Guy (a favorite toy). I picked him up off the floor and gave him back to her. Is anyone proud of me? She likes to test gravity with toys on the changing table and sippy cups at the table :). Then we decided to have dinner at a spanish tapas restaurant. It was ok, but we probably won't go back to that one. Maybe we will try another. It think it would have been better if the place would have seemed cleaner - gave me a bad start. Then we headed home. Lexi had play time in the bath and didn't make a fuss when it was time to put the toys away. We sang the Kindermusik "toys away" song. David and I enjoyed a good movie - The Great Debaters. It was a good day!

I forgot to mention that Thursday evening David and a friend hung out with Lexi so I could go get a pedicure and a treat with a friend. It was great to take some time off. I am learning the value of this. I read something recently that if we don't take time out we get burned out and resentful. I felt refreshed from a couple hours on my own. David successfully gave Lexi milk from a sippy cup and put her to bed. Yes, it's true. This is the first time that we have done that.

We never shared these photos from a few days after Lexi turned 9 months. We were at Babies R US and we decided we should have pictures taken. Sorry they are really small files, but that's all I can get from the site. Thought you all might enjoy these. She was not thrilled about the experience, I think I mentioned before, but we still got a few good ones.













3 comments:

s as in tset said...

All the pictures are very cute! How fun!

KT said...

Phabulous Photos! Diggin' the personality oozing off the page.

"Bittersweet Rhyme"

Sweet little lady,
Fast becoming,
not a baby.

Love, UK

Clarence and Ruth said...

What sweet pictures! Thanks for sharing them. Looks like she was doing a pretty good job posing in spite of her reluctance.