11 February 2010

Valentine party!

I can't believe how much I have to post about when we have been stuck in our house for almost a week!

On Monday, with the next storm on the horizon we moved Lexi's Valentine party up to Tuesday. We weren't going to let the weather ruin the fun! I am so glad we did because it was a great time. I'm so glad I thought of it early enough so I could host for the playgroup! Yes, it was crazy, but it was fun coming up with a little craft, treat bags and some decorations.

Lexi's full treat bag and her completed craft, after the fun was complete. The one on the right was my example - I think she did a great job with much less help from me than normal. Progress again!


Craft time, with playing in the background.


Lots of yummy food. This is just some of it! I requested that people try to follow a heart theme and everyone did! We had heart-shaped sandwiches, jigglers, pizzas & whoopie-pies and heart-adorned rice krispie treats, cupcakes, chocolate-covered mini bananas - I am sure I am forgetting something. The pasta salad even had radishes chopped up to add some red! We also had some yummy chicken salad with rolls for sandwiches. I made homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips shaped like hearts. I served my latest batch of homemade applesauce for dip. (I will definitely need to do that again - easy and yummy!) Then I cut some cheese with a heart cookie cutter and put out some grapes. There was so much food! Can you tell I like food?


Food time! As you can see, Lexi is waiting on her distracted mother to get her some food. Patiently, I might add. :)


Enjoying a jello jiggler!


Play time and some of the babies.


Fun with a friend.


Do you like my hat? (a reference to a favorite book - "Go Dog. Go!")


An aftermath shot. So much fun!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

s as in tset said...

Holy cow, Wonder Woman! It's clear...I am a lazy bum.

Looks like lots of fun. What a great idea. Does your group plan things for every holiday?

LoveLladro said...

Love the aftermath... it actually looks better than I would have imagined. Guess if you take out 9 - 2 year olds, the mess diminishes ;~)