03 February 2010

Homemade chicken noodle soup - Yum!

Last week I decided I wanted to make Pioneer Woman's homemade chicken noodle soup (less the homemade noodles - I'll try that another day).

It was really yummy. It had turmeric in it, which is a spice I had never used before and it gave it nice color. It was even better after it sat in the fridge over night because the noodles soaked up the broth and seasoning. I don't think this would be as big of a difference if I had used frozen egg noodles instead of the frozen egg noodle dumplings that I found in one of our grocery stores. I will have to hunt around and see if anyone carries the skinny noodles. That would have been better. I really like that this recipe calls for thickening the soup at the end. I don't really like the watery broth because I splash it all over myself and drip it down my chin. Truthfully.









My family loved it - can you tell Lexi did? - and I have at least one meals worth in the freezer. I learned that the process was not nearly as difficult as I thought. It just takes starting early enough in the day.

And yes, she is still using her Christmas place mat because she likes it. I'll just call it a winter place mat.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

LoveLladro said...

Love it! Maybe that will be my next new recipe ;~) I have a beef stew recipe that was super easy that you might like... I'll email it to you!

Clarence and Ruth said...

Yum! Those food pictures made me hungry. Lexi does appear to be enjoying it a lot.

Clarence and Ruth said...

By the way, good luck on finding any thinner frozen noodles. Reames seems to have some monopoly on frozen noodles. You might try some of the fresh ones from that Dutch market that we went to by Lexi's little gym.

s as in tset said...

Looks YUMMY! At first, I thought you were making the famous Falk Chicken & Noodles.

Nice website. I want to take a closer look at it.