19 April 2009

First installment of my trip away

Literally 3 weeks ago (I can't believe that much time has passed...) I went to California. It was a wonderful trip. A friend from college is getting married this summer and I was fortunate to be invited to a wonderful bachelorette weekend held for her at El Capitan Canyon Campground near Santa Barbara. Glamping (glamorous camping), they call it - cute and my kind of camping :). I committed to this weekend long ago after David and I decided it would be a great opportunity for me to spend time with a friend AND for me to get away. So off I went as David hung back and had a daddy weekend with Lexi. My friend, Jess, came over and took care of Lexi for a few hours so David could get some work done on Friday (March 27). Anyway, they had a great weekend. David took Lexi to a birthday party and they went to dinner with the neighbors and lunch on Sunday with some friends.

Here is the Santa Barbara airport. I had to share these photos because this is where I arrived and began my weekend. I flew into LAX and then jumped up to Santa Barbara on a small plane - a 20 minute flight! I was being picked up friends of Heather's so I knew I would spend a little time at the airport waiting. I had no idea it would be such a nice place to be!

View of the airport.














Two baggage claims - in tents!














This is an airport? I think this was the outdoor stairway to the restaurant.



















My little place in the shade, where I enjoyed Blue Like Jazz - which I almost completed on the trip and I can say I had wanted to read for years, just hadn't done it. A great read - challenging, thoughtful, out of the ordinary.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

s as in tset said...

Wow...was Lexi napping this whole time??? :)

Thank you for all the great blog posts. It's nice to catch-up on all your "happenings...good and bad."

Hope you guys are feeling much better for your trip to Ioway.

See you soon!
S