In early December I was looking forward to David's work Christmas party and realized my hair could use some care. I called up the woman who has done my hair in my neighbors kitchen and in mine and headed up to the salon she is at now with snacks and books in tow. I was hoping Lexi would do ok as I was having some lowlights in to blend the color. I don't want to have roots showing to maintain (David likes that!). Anyway, while we were there my hair girl said she would snip off Lexi's rat tail for me.
This may not seem like a big deal, but my beautiful, feminine sweetie has been called a boy so many times that I have not been able to bring myself to cut the longest pieces of her hair. Even though they were clearly a rat tail. And rat tails aren't so desirable, are they. So she snipped it off and put it in a bag. Lexi was so proud - she knew what a big girl she was getting her hairs cut.
It will probably be a while before she gets a REAL haircut, but this is still the first one in my book.

1 comment:
YAY Lexi! no more rat tail! What a big girl!
Post a Comment