Can you tell she is having fun?
Just before Kristin left we spent some time making sugar cookies. During nap time a day or two before we had mixed up my mom's yummy sour cream sugar cookie recipe and chilled it in the fridge so we would be ready to go when the time was there. Lexi had a great time helping me roll the dough, squishing the dough, cutting out cookies and choosing which cutter to use next, and sprinkling the cookies! Yes, I said sprinkling. Be proud of me! Sprinkles were everywhere, along with flour and pieces of dough (in the kitchen, at least :). I just didn't let her dump the entire bottle of pink sprinkles out on one cookie. I know, I stifle her creativity or something.
Here you enjoy a forced (by me) family cookie cutting shot.
Sprinkles!
Into the oven! She is so proud. And, again, be proud of me! Do you see all the sprinkles that are NOT on cookies?!?

4 comments:
Love it! I am very proud Kari... it's real growth ;~) I let Chase mix play doh colors together... we're growing together ;~)
She looks like she is having a ball! Don't cookies from little hands taste extra sweet?
We made sugar cookies too together (Rilyn and I)-and boy, is that messy!! So I understand the sacrifice it takes to let a little one help with that! ha ha!
We did this for the first time this year and it was a lot of fun, very messy, but fun
Post a Comment