07 July 2009

Hitting the sand with some resistance

The next day we headed down to experience actually being on the beach. Lexi was scared of the sand. And I mean even with these water shoes on that you see in the photos, she didn't even want to put her feet down. I wish I had a picture of me trying to put her down and her frog leg response.

Finally we convinced her through resistance and some tears that it would be fun to stand on this firm sand and play. So she did do that. But she didn't move from this spot for a long time!



See the arm reaching out here? She wanted the bucket, but didn't want to take a step. Funny girl!



Through some more resistance and tears I semi-forced her to sit down. Once she did, she continued to play, but didn't move from the spot.



It was serious business.



She did enjoy playing, but was pretty serious the entire time. I took her into the water, holding her on my hip and then she sat on the beach chair. She was a happy girl off the sand.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Sadie wasn't a big fan of the sand last year either.

Lexi looks so cute in her beach wear!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

We went through the same thing but with the sandbox in our backyard. I only wish it were a beach :)

LoveLladro said...

She cracks me up with the tolerating it but not moving an inch!