One thing that Lexi likes to help me with is the laundry. Right now I only let her help with CLEAN clothes. She likes to put the wet clothes into the drier and then close the door. It's great fun! And it's so cute because it's so exciting to her. I say, do you want to help me with the laundry? Yes, she nods her head with her eyebrows raised, looking right at me. Then she proceeds to the gate and points, with the accompanying noise, for me to open it. Or she puts her arms up so I can carry her in. She is still little, though, see?
Other things she likes to help with or do? She helps daddy set the table when he gets home. She even gets to help carry the glasses of milk to the table! She gets the silverware out of the drawer. She pushes the button to turn on the Christmas tree lights. She holds the diaper cream until we need it when we change her diaper. She takes off her socks, but usually with some assistance. She wipes her mouth. She carries her sippy cup to the sink, or the table, or the diaper bag. She holds pieces of food to take bites, like strips of sandwich or cheese or fruit. She likes to help us with the spoon or fork. She tells me where I still need to wipe when cleaning off her tray after a meal. She helps with her toys - taking them to another spot or puting them awya. So many things, I can't even list them all. We can even reason with her a bit when necessary! I can convince her (sometimes) to stop fighting getting her coat on or diaper changed if I ask if she wants to do whatever it is that we are going to do after. She shakes her head yes and I tell her that I need to change her diaper or put on her coat so we can do that. Sometimes I don't need to do that at all. Sometimes I get to do it 3 or 4 times. She understands so much and wants to talk so badly. We have heard a few sounds out of her mouth that don't sounds like her babbling. They sounds more like a word. She is so amazing! And she is trying to get faster on her walking. This means a lot of face plants, but it's so cute because she is so excited to be moving faster!

4 comments:
Rilyn loves to help with the laundry too...we better enjoy it now because someday we'll probably have to ground them just to get them to help with chores! JK, ha ha!
Good luck. I hope she continues to enjoy doing all of this. Tyler likes to help too but the "fun-ness" is wearing off sadly.
Good job, Lexi!!!
Great to see you again!
hey there... i will be stalking you now ;~) just thought i would let you know!
Post a Comment