20 January 2009

Before Christmas...so, like, last year

Before Christmas, before we left to visit family for a week, and then all this time passed and I have ignored our blog, it snowed one day. It snowed yesterday and there is still snow on the ground so it reminded me.

*By the way, all you people back where we were born and raised - I took Lexi to her gym class last week and it was cancelled! They cancelled school because there was a little bit of snow on the ground. I couldn't believe it! I didn't even think to check. The roads were clear and, seriously, it was like a dusting of snow! Learned my lesson!*

Anyway, back to before Christmas. The snow came down and really didn't last all that long. It think it all melted away by the end of the next day. I thought, I have to get Lexi out to play in the snow! So as it was coming down, wet, sleet snow, I bundled Lexi up in her winter gear. Including boots that are too big. She could barely keep her balance, or move for that matter. At the time, she was only standing and taking a few steps so bundled up her balance was way off. It was so cute! If she fell forward she was just stuck that way. It upset her, but she got over it very quickly when I stood her back up.



Out in the snow I sat her down and we started a pile of snow. I would place snow on the pile. She would pat, pat, pat. Her pat, pat, pat is so cute. So she would pack down the snow I would put on the pile. It was pretty cold. And it dark. And snowing wet snow. You can see her nose is red!



Our neighbor came out, with Lexi's favorite dog, Louie. Lexi was completely concerned with Louie and not so much with the snow. Every where he went she was pointing and making her question noise! Kathy was kind enough to hold Lexi up so I could get a photo. We had to get inside before David made it home so he didn't get to join us, but I was just proud of myself that I got her out there. She must experience the snow! Even if she can't play in it because she can't move...:) We should try it again now that she is walking all over the place.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Glad to have you back to the blog. I've been wondering about ya :)

KT said...

Lexi and snow pi-les,
puppy and neighbor.

Play-ing outside in the
cold winter weather.

Mommy and photographs,
capturing life.

These are a few of our fa-vo-rite things...