16 October 2008

Wow do we need some updating on this blog...

Things are moving right along with us. We are settling in to our new place and liking it. I have been feeling pretty crazy trying to get us settled in. I feel like I'm running errands every day and still not getting everything done. I'm looking for a class or something to get Lexi into and a MOPS group to join. I found 2 churches that have MOPS here so I just have to get to it and actually GO to one. We will see how long it takes me!

Lexi is getting so big (sort of - she really isn't that big for her age, but big to us) and so smart! She signed "more" to me on Monday. I was so excited! She has been doing "all done" as a combo for all done or all gone for a little while. She also started doing a sign for "down" when we get her out of the highchair. It's crazy! We did the sign for "more" for so long and then all of a sudden on Monday she was in her stroller in a store and she signed for more snack! She is talking quite a bit, but of course we can't understand her. She figured out the stairs right away! She has been going all the way up the flight of stairs a few times a day since last week. This past weekend we went back to help a friend where we just moved from with their deck and she learned to go down 1 stair backwards. She doesn't get that on the big flight of stairs yet, though.

We started doing time outs! It's crazy - it seems kind of early - but we had to do something. She thinks it's funny if we tell her no or stop her. If I take her away from something she goes right back. We are trying to use time out in moderation, but she definitely doesn't like it and it seems like it works for a little while sometimes. For instance, when she thinks it's funny to smack us in the face :).

She is so smart and so sweet and figuring things out all the time. We are hoping to find a pumpkin patch or something nearby to go to soon.

I will get the photos on to the computer soon and post some.

2 comments:

s as in tset said...

Great to hear from you guys! We knew if we were patient, we'd hear from you eventually. :)

Lexi sounds like a hoot. Her mind is certainly putting things together and figuring-out what she can do. That's terrific! (Even when it ends-up in time-out.)

And as another mother, I appreciate your honest blog entry. ;) It all sounds very familiar.

Renee said...

glad to see you back "online"!!