10 May 2010

Horses, trails, picnic - what a play date!

On Friday we were invited to a play date that we definitely could not pass up! It was at a friend's parents' house in the country and it was a beautiful day, not hot at all. Lexi wanted to wear her rainboots. I figured why not? Worked out great, except she kept asking me to carry her - up a hill or on the trail through the woods. I will grant her that she didn't have the sure footing she prefers, but I suspect the rainboots were partly to blame. I kept asking if we should go put her tennis shoes on and then she agreed to walk, still in the rainboots :).

As usual, she was scared and crying when I started to put her on the horse, but then was fine immediately after the horse started moving. She would have stayed on Elmo all day, doing laps. Then we took a walk through the woods. Lexi felt the moss growing on the rocks and looked at the leaves and trees all around her! Then she took another horse ride. She really wanted to ride Elmo again, but I finally convinced her to get on Charlotte this time. She would have stayed on all day, again, but wouldn't stop talking about riding Elmo again!






She enjoyed her dessert. Yummy.



And then hung out with her friends, watching the horses eat. They kept calling for Elmo, but he wouldn't come over. Oh, and we also were all broken records in telling them to stop standing on/bouncing/climbing the gate. Ah well.



She had such a great time. I love taking her into the great outdoors, whenever I can handle it :).




3 comments:

s as in tset said...

You make a pretty cute little cowgirl, Miss Lexi!

We were just talking last night about you and how long your hair is getting! It will be fun to see how long it is when we see you later this summer. :)

LoveLladro said...

You got some really great pictures! That last one is adorable ;~)

lt said...

Oh what fun- you both look like you had a wonderful time! Great pictures of your time at the farm. Maybe we can find some horses to visit in August when you are here.