23 March 2010

Adult language control, and Lexi's balanced life



Maple Sugar Festival last weekend in Cunningham Falls State Park

Lesson on adult language control:
-Before dinner tonight, Lexi is holding some toy or something in her hand and says (more to herself than to me): "what the heck? . . . "what the heck is that?" She must have heard that on the radio or from someone at the park.

My definition of balance in Lexi's life:
-After dinner she and I were playing 'careful tackles'. She runs at me from a few (sometimes many) feet away while I am on my knees, and I wrap her up and tackle her. I did have to explain clearly to Kari that I support her neck and that the loud thud on the floor is my elbows, not the daughter. She also took a few turns knocking me back with much mutual delight, after I reminded her to wrap her arms for a good form tackle and not just push me. After a few tackles, she got up and stated that she needed to put her (dress-up) skirt on and get her wand, "so I can be a fairy."

Oh, and sometimes she describes something as a 'thingy.'

Yes, Kari is out right now and there is no basketball on that I care to watch. That's why I'm sitting here.

2 comments:

s as in tset said...

Welcome to the blog world Mr. M! We are delighted to hear from you!

Tee-hee-hee...Lexi makes me laugh. And only because we can relate to it too. :)

t as in tset said...

I like your blogs. More! More! More!

I can't think of a time when little E repeated something we said...or maybe I can... ;)