28 May 2009

She is really hangin' on!

I while back I mentioned that Lexi was mastering hanging on the bar at The Little Gym and I have some photo support now. The first one is at the park a while back when we headed over for a weeknight picnic. The other series is from this past weekend at a make up class we went to Sat. morning. A side story, here. There was a little boy (bigger than Lexi) that was saying "hug baby!" to his mom, pointing at Lexi. His mom was discouraging this, saying she might not want a hug, you have to be careful, etc. Well, he got right next to her as she was trying to go down the edge of a mat that is probably 4 or 5 inches thick. She goes down that backwards, like down stairs. All of a sudden he shoved her off the edge! She couldn't catch herself with her hands because she was on all fours about to step down, so she landed forehead first. Poor baby. She was very upset and it started to swell. The teacher got us a some ice and she let me hold it on a couple times. She recovered quickly. I felt bad for the little boys mom, though. She was trying to deal with him, but he shoved another kid and apparently does this every week. That's tough.







Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

s as in tset said...

Is it just me, or does Lexi have mighty strong fingertips? It looks like she's holding herself up with her teeny-tiny fingers! Wow, girl!

s as in tset said...

Oh, and sorry to hear about the bully...that stinks. It's hard to watch your child get hurt by another child. Maybe Lexi will start to "hold her own" pretty soon?

LoveLladro said...

Can I just tell you how much I love that first picture... her face is priceless!

Clarence and Ruth said...

The perils of childhood. Probably the same mat I watched Lexi topple off of -- I didn't push her, though, honest! And there was no physical evidence -- bump, rug burn...etc. Just a few tears.
G'ma T

Charissa Kay said...

Good job Lexi! You gunna be tough! :)

lt said...

What a strong girl, and what a look of determination on your face!