28 November 2007

Alexa's Big Trip and other stories

Well, it's been a long time, hasn't it? We have been busy having a great time! Alexa got to take her first plane ride to the midwest. David had work in Omaha, so Lexi and I joined him on his trip. We got to visit friends and family. Alexa got to meet her aunts, uncles and cousins - and of course see her grandparents again. She also got to meet our friends little boys who were born close to the same time. She handled being in new places and traveling very well. She is our little trooper! D wants to get her a shirt that says "Our Little Trooper."
We got to celebrate early Thanksgiving with each of our sides of the family. Lexi also got to meet my grandma. All her adoring fans were thrilled to see her. We also were excited to have Alexa baptised at the church at which I grew up and D and I were married. We don't have photos of that yet, though. Other people were behind their cameras so we will have to get those. When we returned Lexi was actually going to bed at a decent time for a few days, but that is gone now. We are working on getting it back! All in all it was a great trip.
Then Uncle Todd came to visit. He was here over Thankgiving and helped me make my first Thanksgiving dinner - well, he made most of it, but I helped with the turkey and I made the pies! :) Lexi had some wonderful daddy time so Todd and I could cook and daddy still was able to contribute the stuffing. We also went on our first geocache outings. The first one was to a large tree not far from our house. We also did some others around town and in wine country after wine tasting. Todd started this up recently so we joined him. It was fun and a great way to get outside. People are pretty tricky with their hiding. We are thinking we will try to do this on our own on the weekends!
Now I have lost my voice and Lexi is congested so we are just working on recovering. Hopefully we will get some decorations up this weekend - here comes Christmas our favorite time of year!
Check the web album soon for lots of new pics! The link is on the sidebar.

In her baptism outifit - and my baptism shoes.



Her new trick - holding onto rings and bringing them to her mouth, of course!



Beautiful girl smiling at Aunt Sarah.



The sleepy family.



There are no words.

No comments: