26 October 2007

11 pounds 12 ounces and 4 shots

Today was Alexa's 2 month check up - she is officially 2 months old on Sunday which is unbelievable! As always, mommy is concerned wondering if she is getting enough to eat. Well, today Lexi weighed in at 11 lbs. 12 oz. and had grown 1/2 an inch in length and her head got a little bigger around too! She is doing very well. We are so blessed. Then came the shots...
The doctor gave Alexa 4 shots today - 2 in each little chunky thigh. Poor little sweet pumpkin was VERY sad. I heard a high pitched cry of pain I haven't ever heard before. She was still quite sad after the fact - calming and then crying. When the doctor looked at Lexi when she was not crying she immediately started crying again. She was like, you are the one that did this to me! Lexi dozed off in her car seat (I gave her Tylenol before the appointment per a fellow mommy's advice) and when she woke up she was smiling and kicking. Seemed very happy. When she got tired she started to sound uncomfortable again so I gave her a little more Tylenol. It's difficult to hold her without putting pressure on the shot spots. She does have cute little pink flowery Barbie (c) band aids :) So girly.

After waking up - after shots.





See the band aids?



From the other night, she likes to face out now.

2 comments:

s as in tset said...

We are big fans of the swishy soft thighs! :)

Tell Mommy and Daddy to take off the bandaids soon – before they get super sticky! (and ouchy!)

s as in tset said...

Oops...meant to say "squishy" soft legs. (But I bet they're swishy too)

:)

This is the second time today that I've had a spelling error and didn't realize it until later. What's with me???